LuaZip is a lightweight Lua extension library used to read files stored inside zip files. The API is very similar to the standard Lua I/O library API.
LuaZip is free software and uses the same license as Lua 5.x (MIT).
Current version is 1.2.7. It supports Lua (5.1, 5.2, and 5.3) and LuaJIT.
LuaZip can be downloaded via LuaRocks:
luarocks install luazip
- Version 1.2.7 [05/Sep/2017]
- Fixed error on require when using LuaJIT 2.1.0-beta3.
- Version 1.2.6 [05/Nov/2016]
- Fixed compilation error when using LuaJIT.
- Fixed line reading using
nilwhen the last line in the file doesn't have a line ending.
file:read(0)always returning zero.
- Version 1.2.5 [31/Oct/2016]
- Fixed to work on Lua 5.2 and Lua 5.3.
- Version 1.2.4 [09/Jun/2014]
- Fixed Makefile to work with LuaRocks.
- Version 1.2.3 [18/Jun/2007]
- Adapted to work on both Lua 5.0 and Lua 5.1.
- Version 1.2.2 [24/Mar/2006]
- Minor fixes on makefile and config
- Version 1.2.1 [08/Jun/2005]
- Minor bug fixes
- Version 1.2.0 [01/Dec/2004]
- Version 1.1.3 [25/Jun/2004]
- First Public Release
LuaZip was designed and coded by Danilo Tuler as part of the Kepler Project.